Yara International ASA operates the Site and is the controller for the processing of your personal data when you use the Site. The local Yara company in your country is the controller for the processing of your personal data for the purpose of providing the MyYara services and communication as described in Section 3 below. Your national Yara company is for UK:
Yara UK Limited, Harvest House, Europarc, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN37 9TZ
If you want to read more about Yara International ASA's general processing of personal data, please see: http://yara.com/utilities/privacy.aspx
1. Types of information and data we collect
When you use MyYara, Yara International ASA collects personal data and equipment data to the extent permitted by law. Personal data is information, or a combination of pieces of information, that could be used to identify you on an individual basis. Yara International ASA may collect the following categories of personal data:
* Contact information such as your name, address and e-mail address that you provide when you create a user account. This information allows us to identify and communicate with you;
* Field data that allows us to help you optimize your farm's operations. This includes but is not limited to data relating to the name, location, size, and crop of your field which will only be directly linked to you if you have an account in MyYara;
* Relationship information that helps us understand who you are and what you want in order to offer you products and services that may interest you, such as property, farm or business information, your general location, and other demographic information in accordance with the rule of law;
* Transaction information about how you interact with us, our dealers and business partners, including purchases, inquiries and customer accounts;
* Financial account information only as needed to complete your purchase;
* Equipment data that is generated by, collected by, or stored in your equipment (software or hardware) or device interfacing with your equipment, including but not limited to the location of your equipment;
* Device information and analysis such as information about the computers, phones or other devices that you use to visit the Site, depending on the permissions you have granted. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent service across your devices. This may for example be attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types and device identifiers. We may also collect connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language, time zone and IP address.
2. How Yara International ASA collects personal data
Yara International ASA collects information about you from a variety of sources, including but not limited to:
* Directly from you: We collect personal data directly from you when you interact with us, such as when you register a profile on our websites, sign up to receive a newsletter, or make a purchase. We also collect personal data from you when you upload information to and use the Site;
* From our group of companies, dealers, business partners and other third parties: When you purchase a product, we may collect personal data relating to the transaction from our dealers for fulfilling the transaction. Upon your action, we may also import information from our dealers, business partners and other third parties;
* From your equipment: If your equipment settings allow it, we collect equipment data from your equipment or devices. We may also receive location data from your smartphone or other geo-aware device.
3. How Yara uses personal data
Yara International transfers the personal data to your local Yara company that uses your personal data for the following purposes:
* Customer Service: to provide the products and services you request and to provide other services related to your order, such as product delivery, recommendations and maintenance. This includes but is not limited to actively providing individual reports and/or recommendations derived from the data that you have provided to Yara that are specifically relevant to you in respect of your business activities to improve customers’ productivity, quality and profitability;
* Product and Customer Support: to provide you with support, including to deliver upgrades and product improvement program communications, and for diagnostics and repairs, product safety and recalls;
* Marketing: to provide you with communications and direct marketing of Yara's products and services, including for creating a profile that we use in order to provide you with targeted marketing offers, product information or invitations that we deem are of your interest;
You may at any time reserve yourself from marketing via electronic communication by following instructions in those messages or by contacting us at email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or http://www.yara.co.uk/crop-nutrition/agriculture-contacts/contact-form/ to unsubscribe;
* Surveys and promotional events: to administer surveys, polls, loyalty programs and other promotional events;
* Communications: to provide you with information that may be of your interest, such as company magazines, catalogs, announcements, reminders, etc.; or
* Manage our everyday business needs: Such as for managing our websites and services, contract management, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
4. What is the legal basis on which Yara relies to process your data?
* On some occasions, we process your data when we need to do this to fulfil a contract with you (for example, for customer service or billing purposes) or where we are required to do this by law (for example, to comply with record keeping obligations).
* We also process your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.]
* On some occasions, we process your data with your consent (for example, when you agree that we may place cookies or process information that you input into our website).
5. Why personal data are disclosed by Yara
We do not sell your personal data to marketing companies outside of Yara. Yara International ASA and your local Yara company may only share your personal data as follows:
* With your consent, we may share your personal data with our carefully selected business partners;
* With your consent if required by law to prospective buyers or sellers in the event that we sell or buy any business or asset;
* To protect and defend Yara (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions, where applicable); or
* When required by law and/or government authorities.
Yara International and your local Yara company may also share aggregated data with our business partners and group of companies for various purposes, such as for improving our recommendations for farm management, for developing the Site, further developing the equipment, for system administration, statistics, research and analyses.
If you do not wish to provide your personal data to us, we may not be able to provide the products and services you request, or to inform you about other products and services offered by Yara.
6. Cookies and similar technologies
When you visit MyYara or use its mobile applications we collect certain information by automated means using cookies. Cookies are small text files stored on your device when you visit a website. When you first visit a website, a cookie file is sent to your device that identifies your browser.
7. Your choices
We give you choices about how we communicate with you.
* Email communications: You can stop receiving promotional email communications from Yara by following the opt-out instructions provided in such messages. You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from Yara by contacting us at email address email@example.com or by http://www.yara.co.uk/crop-nutrition/agriculture-contacts/contact-form/ to unsubscribe.
Please note that we will honor your request to stop receiving promotional electronic communications from Yara. However, we may continue to send you service-related communications such as emails confirming purchases through our websites. And we may keep information for record keeping, such as to ensure we fulfil the consumer requests and to send particular types of messages.
Note that you can manage how your mobile device can share location information with Yara, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to the instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
8. Your rights
You have the right to request access, rectification, restriction and deletion of your personal data held by Yara. If you have a registered profile, you may at all times update, correct or delete information you have provided to us by using the Site. Inquiries regarding processing of personal data and access request should be directed to the point of contact provided below.
You also have rights to object to some processing and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent. Where we process your data because we have a legitimate interest in doing so (as explained above), you also have a right to object to this. These rights may be limited in some situations - for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your data.
Where we require personal data to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested personal data is optional.
Your personal data will be retained for the length of any contractual relationship you have with us, and, to the extent permitted, after the end of that relationship for as long as necessary to perform the services set out in this notice. You can at any time send us a request to email address firstname.lastname@example.org and ask us to delete your user account.
9. Information security
Yara is concerned about your privacy and are committed to keeping personal data secure. We have implemented appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures to protect your personal data from loss, misuse or alteration. We limit access to personal data to those who have a business need.
10. Transfer of personal data to other countries
Transfer of personal data to a third country outside of the EEA that does not provide adequate protection will only take place if appropriate safeguards are provided, e.g., by Binding Corporate Rules, entering into EU Standard Contractual Clauses or if the receiving party is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield. If you have any questions relating to this, please contact us at the contact point provided below.
Yara may transfer aggregated data to third parties (domestic and/or foreign) for the purposes of i) improving or developing the Site or the equipment, and ii) for the proper functioning of the Site and of the equipment.
11. Privacy Policies of third parties
12. Changes and amendments to this policy
13. Jurisdiction and applicable law
14. How to contact us
Company Secretary /
Yara UK Ltd
Registered in England and Wales
Registered Number: 03818176
Registered Office: Harvest House, Europarc,
Grimsby, NE Lincolnshire, DN37 9TZ
Office: +44 147 288 9263
If you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the Norwegian Data Protection Authority or the Information Commissioner's Office in the UK.
Effective date: 26th April 2017 / Last updated: 26th April 2017